Sunday, August 8, 2010

So... what is this?

Early in July of 2010 I left on a three and a half week solo camping trip, heading into the deep woods of the Algonquin Park interior in order to fulfill a long time dream of mine- getting really dirty and stinky.  No, wait, that's not right- I did it in order to find myself and see if I could survive, by myself, in a 'hostile environment'.

Three and a half weeks later I returned- happy, covered in mud, and with a journal documenting my thoughts and adventures.  Rather then simply filing this away, never to be seen again, I thought I would post it online, on this blog, to share it with anyone who might be interested.  Over the next few weeks I'll be posting daily (8pm everyday), supplementing the posts with links and photos, and creating a permanent online document about the entire trip.  I promise to do my best to be honest, even if it means revealing some dark secrets, and will do my best to make this blog interesting and kind of fun.

I survived hypothermia, dehydration, mountains, swamps, even a tornado!- and I'm look forward to sharing it all with you.

Speak to you soon,
Ben Train

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick thank you to my uncle Marty who suggested the name. It was a great suggestion and the significance of it will become obvious once I begin posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put a permanent link to your blog on my blog. Looking forward to reading your future entries!

    ReplyDelete